Home › Basketball Drills › Tim Springer Player Development Drills › Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill, by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Post Player Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
New! Check out Coach Springer's Ball Handling Blueprint.
Coach Springer presents this offensive drill used by WNBA star Becky Hammon.
Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
Floppy to Pick and RollThe video below is a great drill from a recent San Antonio basketball clinic with Spartan Basketball and Becky Hammon. The clinic was held on Mother's Day weekend at Castle Hills First Baptist School. This drill teaches a game situation that happens for Becky in games. She comes off floppy screens into a pick and roll. This is great for guards that are quick and can shoot.
Floppy screens happen when guards on the perimeter exchange sides of the courts through screens on the block from a post player. The guard that receives the ball then has the opportunity to either attack or take the pick and roll.
In this drill the guard takes the pick and roll and finishes with a floater very similar to how Becky Hammon does in games. Trainer Tim Springer teaches the progression of the drill while Becky explains the reads off the catch.
For more great training like the basketball clinic in the video click here. Spartan Basketball hosts clinics, camps and private lessons year round in San Antonio. They work with all ages and levels of players. You can also find free drills and training from Spartan here......Click Here
Copyright © 2001 - 2015, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.