George Hill Scoring Series by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
Coach Springer presents these scoring drills used by George Hill of the Indiana Pacers.
George Hill Scoring Series by Tim Springer
High Pick and Roll ShootingDiagram A. Hill has increased his range greatly since joining the league. He will take a long three coming off the pick and roll if it is open.
Drill: Use the chair (#) to run a pick and roll into a 3 point shot. Make 20 going in each direction.
Flat Screen ScoringDiagram B. Indiana runs a lot of flat screens for Hill because of his speed. George will get to the elbow as fast as he can. If a defender is still with him he will make a hesitation move into his drive to the basket.
Drill: Use the chair (#) as a flat screen, get to elbow, hesitate into layup at the basket. Make 20 going to each side.
Down Screen to Jump ShotDiagram C. George will make a move on the chair and kick the ball to the wing. He will then set a down-screen.
GH will then flash back to the top of the key (diagram D) for a catch and shoot jumpshot.
Drill: Make 20
Pick and Pop to Hand OffDiagram E. Hill will start the action with a pick and pop.
Diagram F. Hill will pass to the pop and come back to the ball for a hand off into a floater in the paint.
Drill: Go through the sequence and make 15 on each side.
Shoot Behind the ScreenDiagram G. Hill starts to go to the screen and crosses back behind it for a long 3 point shot.
Drill: Use the chair (#) for a screen and make the shot. Make 20.
Transition Pick and RollDiagram H. In transition, Hill will push the ball to the wing to set up a "drag" (pick and roll in transition).
Drill: Start at half court and push the ball to the wing. Run off the chair (#) as a screen and shoot at the free throw line. Make 30 on both sides of the court.
Copyright © 2001 - 2014, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.