Manu Ginobili Scoring Series by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Post Player Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
New! Check out Coach Springer's Ball Handling Blueprint.
Coach Springer presents these scoring drills used by Manu Ginobili - San Antonio Spurs, NBA All-Star.
Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
Double CrossoverDiagram A. Manu is talented at hitting a crossover but keeping his feet moving while reading the defender. If they go for it he will quickly cross back to the other hand.
Drill: Attack the first cone with a crossover. Pause briefly and attack the second cone with another crossover. Make 20 in each direction.
Pullback Jump ShotDiagram B. An attack move Manu likes to use is a hesitation move then attack with the dribble. If the defense is playing him hard he well make a quick pull back crossover into his jumpshot.
Drill: Start dribble on the wing. Hesitate then drive to the basket. At the cone perform the pullback crossover into a jump shot. Make 30 on each side of the court.
Attack The Lane LinesDiagram C. Manu understands that sometimes when he attacks the paint that the defense will collapse, which allows him to redirect to the lane line and create a new lane to the basket.
Drill: Attack the nail then quickly redirect towards the lane line into a runner off the glass. Make 20 on each side of the court.
Leverage the Help DefenderDiagram D. While driving to the basket, Manu will purposely bounce into a defender to gain leverage and then extend into his layup to separate for the score.
Drill: Drive to the basket and step into the coach with the pad and bounce out into layup. Make 20 on each side of the court.
Behind the Back Step BackDiagram E. One of Manus's more popular moves is his behind the back step-back jump shot. He will attack with the drive, quickly shoot the ball behind his back, and separate with a step-back jump shot.
Drill: Attack with the dribble and quickly perform the move. Make 20 on each side of the court.
High Post Hand OffDiagram F. Manu will pass to the high post then curl around for a quick hand off or dump pass into a layup.
Drill: Pass to coach and quickly curl around for catch into layup. Make 20 on each side.
Back Screen to Post UpDiagram G. Manu will receive a back-screen. If he can't get the ball on the cut, he will post up his defender on the block.
Drill: Fake and cut off the first chair (#). Post up the second chair and score when receiving the ball from the coach. Make 20 shots on both blocks.
In & Out Into FloaterDiagram H. Manu will use the in/out move to freeze the help defender then quickly shoot a floater over the top of them.
Drill: Attack the chair (#) with a in/out then quickly shoot a floater over the top of them. Make 20 on each side of the court.
Double Screen to CurlDiagram I. The Spurs run a play where Manu will set a down-screen and then curl into a screen for a catch and shoot jump shot.
Drill: Set the down-screen and then curl into the catch and shoot while running off the screen. Make 20 on each side of the court.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.