Basketball Player Development Series with Tim Springer - Spartan Gun Shooting DrillsFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Post Player Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
Skip Pass 3'sDiagram A. Gun passes to coach. Coach passes to 1 who uses over head pass to reverse the ball. 2 catches and shoots the 3. Coach alternates the wing he passes to and the drills is continuous.
Goal: Make 10 out of 12
Progression: 1 dribble jumpshots to the baseline
Elbow Attack SeriesDiagram B. Gun passes to Coach who then reverves the ball to 2.
Drill: 2 makes (10) floaters, (10) one dribble jumpshots, (10) catch and shoot 3's. Do on both sides of the court.
High Post Catch & ShootDiagram C. 4 flashes to high post for a catch and shoot. Player returns to starting point to repeat.
Drill: Make 10 out 12
Copyright © 2001 - 2017, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.