Tony Parker Scoring Series by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Post Player Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
New! Check out Coach Springer's Ball Handling Blueprint.
Coach Springer presents these scoring drills used by NBA All-Star Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs).
Tony Parker Scoring Series
Pick and Roll Into FloaterDiagram A. If Parker is able to turn the corner on the high pick and roll, he looks to get into the middle. He typically shoots a floater over the help defense.
Drill: Use a chair for the screen and get into the paint for a floater. Make 20 going in each direction.
Sideline Pick and Roll Into Jump ShotDiagram B. Parker takes a sideline pick and roll for a jumpshot at the nail.
Drill: Make 20 jumpshots off the screen coming from both sides of the floor.
If Tony can't get his shot at the nail he will hesitate and go into a drive to the rim (diagram C).
Transition AttackDiagram D. Parker's speed in transition is dangerous to any defender. Tony will attack the defender, crossover, pick up the ball into a 2 step layup.
Drill: Start at half court. Drive full speed at the chair (#). Make a crossover and step through into a layup.
Make 20 to each side.
Corner Pick and Roll Into Jump ShotDiagram E. Parker will get screens in the corner and drive it to the elbow for a jump shot.
Drill: Make 20 shots at the elbow on both sides of the court.
Elbow Attack Into Fake SpinDiagram F. TP will drive to the elbow, fake a spin move, and re-attack to the middle.
Drill: Make the move at the elbow to make 20 layups. Make the move on both sides of the court.
Elbow Hand OffDiagram G. Tony takes a hand off at the elbow into a jump shot.
Drill: Sprint to the elbow and take the ball off the chair into a jump shot. Make 20 at both elbows.
Double Crossover vs. HedgeDiagram H. After coming off the pick and roll, Tony will hit the hedge with a double crossover to set up the drive.
Drill: Use the chair (#) to come off the screen and hit the second chair with a double crossover. Then drive to the basket. Make 35.
Spin at the ElbowDiagram I. Parker drives to the elbow and spins back to the middle for a drive to the basket.
Drill: Make 20 on each elbow using the spin move into a layup.
Retreat Into A Re-attackDiagram J. Parker attacks the nail, bounces out with a crossover and re-attacks to the other side.
Drill: Make 20 with the move on both sides of the court.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.