Coaching youth basketball and high-school basketball is fun, and always a challenge. The Coach's Clipboard Basketball Coaching website and Basketball Playbook are here to help! This free basketball coaching website was designed as a resource for youth and high school basketball coaches and players. Included are many plays, drills, strategies, offenses, defenses, player tips, animated play diagrams, and video clips of player fundamentals. Use the menu or Playbook Index to view plays, drills, articles, etc and for tips on how to use this playbook.
Are you a youth or high school basketball coach seeking ideas, help?
The Coach's Clipboard Premium Membership and the Deluxe Basketball Coach's Playbook CD were made for you! - with almost 1000 pages on strategy, offenses, defenses, basketball plays and drills, player fundamentals, animated basketball plays, and many basketball video clips showing player fundamentals... unique, nothing like it in stores. Free upgrades for one year! Downloads are available too!
Are you a player trying to improve your game? Join, become a Youth Basketball Member. Or get the Player's CD and the Advanced Ball-Handling/Dribbling DVD can help!
Special Deals! Check out all our special deals including the the "Whole Ball of Wax", the "Trifecta", the Deluxe Combo Pack, and the Players Combo Pack.
Coach's Clipboard Premium Membership - a members-only section of the Coach's Clipboard web-site. Premium Members will have immediate access to everything we have... all of the complete articles, a special enhanced video clips section, pdf files for printing, expandable animations, a youth basketball section, a members-only forum, a free Playbook & Animations download and discounts on other Coach's Clipboard products (including the CDs), and a "Members Exchange" section. New content added to the web-site will appear first in the Premium Members section... more details. Member login
New! Sign up for Coach's Clipboard Newsletter - Free!... not necessary for Premium Members, Youth Members and CD/download members as you are already included.
Coach's Clipboard Youth Basketball Membership - a members-only youth basketball section of the Coach's Clipboard web-site. Designed for youth coaches and players... more details.
Get free basketball drills, plays, and coaching tips at Online-Basketball-Drills.com. Over 724 unique, fun and effective practice ideas your players will love.
A testimonial and drills from Ganon Baker!
See larger clip and more about Ganon...
- Information about College Basketball Scholarships... from Kyle Ohman.
- Alan Stein's Strengthening and Conditioning Drills... with permission from expert trainer Alan Stein (youtube clips)... Warm-Up Drills, Strengthening Drills, Agility Drills, Quickness & Reaction Drills, Conditioning Drills, Core Strengthening Drills, Pre-Season Drills, Drills for Ankles and Knees, Stretching and Mobility Drills.
- Basketball Tips: Being a Team Leader... from former NCAA Div I player Lamar Hull.
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill... another drill from trainer Tim Springer, with WNBA star Becky Hammon.
- Basketball Performance Training Drills... from trainer Layton Westmoreland at Tim Springer's Spartan Basketball.
- 3-Out, 2-In Motion Offense... the complete article is now available in the free area.
- High Low Triangle Offense... detailed article from Coach Lason Perkins' DVD - offense for attacking both man-to-man and zones.
- Off-Season Basketball Workouts... planning off-season workouts by Courtney Campbell.
- The "John Wooden's UCLA Offense" animation is now available in the Premium Members section!
- The "West Coast 1-4 Stack Offense" animation is now available in the Premium Members section!
- 20 new basketball DVDs added to the Coach's Clipboard Basketball DVD store... from Mike Krzyzewski, Bob Knight, Jim Boeheim, John Calipari, and others.
- The "Grinnell Offense" animation is now available in the Premium Members section!
- The "Michigan-Style 2-Guard Offense" animation is now available in the Premium Members section!
- The "Hubie Brown's Hawk Offense" animation is now available in the Premium Members section!
- The "Pete Carril's Princeton Offense" animation is now available in the Premium Members section and Deluxe CD!
- The "Horns Offense" animation is now available in the Premium Members section and Deluxe CD!
- Struggling Through a Losing Season... dealing with a tough season.
- Anchors Zone Offense... detailed article from Coach Lance Randall's DVDs, great concepts for attacking any zone defense.
- The "Circle Zone Defense" animation is now available in the Premium Members section and Deluxe CD!
- Hubie Brown's Hawk Offense... detailed article, from Coach Lason Perkins' definitive DVD, with the basics off the offense and many set plays.
- 52 new basketball DVDs added to the Coach's Clipboard Basketball DVD store... from Bob Knight, Tom Izzo, Mike Brey, and a number of new youth basketball DVDs including the AAU Boys Series from Fran Fraschilla and Billy Donovan, and the AAU Girls Series from Sherri Coale.
- Drive and Kick Drill... drive and kick drills for teaching dribble-drive options.
- Michigan State Tom Izzo's "Fist-Down" Zone Play.
- Updated the "Playing the Point Guard Position" article.
- Coach's Guide for a Drug Free Basketball Team.
- How To Use "Check Downs" To Teach Half Court Offense... teaching players how to read the defense and choose the best play option.
- Stat Tracker, a great easy way of keeping stats on your iPad or Android device - (for iPad) - (for Android).
- "Important Points to Consider When Planning a Basketball Practice" - tips on creating a season master plan by coach Michael May, owner of Practice Planner Live.
- Added a new intense, competitive close-out drill, the "Arico Close-Out Drill".
- West Coast 1-4 Stack Offense... review of Coach Steve Ball's DVD and a discussion and diagrams of the West Coast 1-4 Stack Offense.
- Practice Planner Live... Use this online program and get access to the tools professionals use. Plan practices easily, quickly and more effectively.
- Dave Robbins Circle Defense... review of the DVD and discussion and diagrams of the Circle zone defense.
- Save on Pre-Owned Basketball DVDs... get quality, tested pre-owned DVDs and save!
- Notes on John Wooden's UCLA Offense... review of the DVD/book and discussion of the High-Post and the High-Low offenses.
- Notes on Rick Torbett's Dynamic Defense... Coach Torbett of BetterBasketball.com (originator of the Read and React Offense) has a great new defensive system called "Dynamic Defense".
- 2-On-2 Rebounding Outlet Drill.
- Individual Shooting Work-Out
- Pro Advanced Basketball Guard Moves for Finishing Around the Basket - by Kyle Ohman.
- Beginning a series of player development drills from coach/instructor Tim Springer. The first installment includes Guard Workouts, Spartan Guard Skills Workout, and
Spartan Skills Drills.
- Buzz - Twilight Zone - Defense... detailed article, from Coach Mike Divilbiss's DVD.
- Horns Offense - A-Set Offense... detailed article and review of Coach Lason Perkins' DVD.
- Basketball Late-Season Tune-Up - Preparing for March Madness!
- Pete Carril's Princeton Offense... a discussion of coaching legend Pete Carril's Princeton Offense and his excellent 2-DVD set.
- Michigan-Style 2-Guard Offense... Coach Tom Jicha has studied this offense and has two excellent DVDs.
- Grinnell Offense... Coach Dave Arseneault's fast-paced, high-scoring Grinnell system and DVDs.
- "Dribble-Drive Motion Offense" animation is now available in the Premium Members section and Deluxe CD!
- 3-Up Press Break... another good press break, whether the first pass is denied or trapped.
- "80% Drill" added to Free-Throw Drills.
- 2-3 High Patterned Offense... take on your taller opponents!
- Nine new high pick and roll plays added to "High Pick and Roll Plays" in the Premium Members section and Deluxe CD.
- Memphis Transition Drills... competitive transition drills.
- Breakdown Drills for Teaching the 2-3 Zone Defense... how to build a good 2-3 zone defense.
- Bird Shooting Drill... a tough, difficult, challenging 2-man shooting drill.
- Dribble-Drive Zone Offense... using the dribble-drive offense to attack zones.
- Drexel 1-on-1 drill... video from legendary Coach Bob Hurley.
- 3-Up Secondary Break... a new secondary break with a Princeton-style look.
- Coach Wayne Walters' "SWARM Defense"... half-court ball pressure, stop the dribble, circle helpside rotations.
- Several special situation drills added to the "Match-up Press Drills" article in the Premium Members section and Deluxe CD.
- Simplified Run-and-Jump Press... from coach Forrest Larson's excellent DVD.
- Pick and Roll Offense... by permission from Dr. Hal Wissel's new book.
- Al Marshall's Aggressive 2-3 Zone Defense... "the defense your opponents will hate!"
- Updated the 5-Man Weave and Transition Drill... a great transition, conditioning drill.
- 16 new basketball DVDs added to the Coach's Clipboard Basketball DVD Store.
- 4-Out Zone Plays... several zone plays added to the 4-out zone offense page.
- Triangle Offense... detailed article on basketball's time-honored, imaginative triangle offense.
- 2-Ball Dribbling Drills... Coach Krzyzewski's Duke teams do 2-ball dribbling drills nearly every practice.
- Princeton Offense Plays - three set plays that you can run with the Princeton offense.
- High Pick and Roll Set - a play you can use with any man-to-man set.
- Notes on the Read and React Offense - a great, flexible offense from coach Rick Torbett.
- A new passing drill used by coach Sherri Coale at the University of Oklahoma, in "Half-Court Passing Drills".
- "Heat"... a new play used by coach Steve Fisher at San Diego State University.
- Michigan State Progressive Transition Drill"... a transition drill used by Coach Izzo at Michigan State.
- "Formula-24" - a new DVD from Ganon Baker featuring a study and breakdown drills of Kobe Bryant's moves.
- "Florida", "Double", and "Scissors"... three new plays for the 4-Out "Low" offense.
- "Pitt" - a play for the 4-Out offense, added to the Premium Members section and Deluxe CD.
- From Point Guard College (Dena Evans)... "Ending the Season in Disappointment".
- Point-guard "Out-Over-Up" Series added to the Premium Members section and the CD.
- "Screening the Zone"... how to attack zones using screens.
- "Kansas Zone Plays"... seven plays from Bill Self, for Premium Members and the Deluxe CD.
- New "Advanced Ball-Handling/Dribbling DVD" featuring Ryan Goodson and Corey Rich.
- "Attacking the Triangle-and-2", for Premium Members, the Deluxe CD and downloads.
- Rick Torbett's new "Read and React Offense", and the "Read and React Zone Attack".
- Added Notes on the Dribble-Drive Motion Offense.
- Added Kansas 2-3 Zone Offense... Bill Self's 2-3 zone offenses "Stationary" and "Motion", to the Premium Members section, the Coach's Clipboard Deluxe CD and downloads.
- Two Bill Self zone out-of-bounds plays, "Kansas-1" and "Kansas-2", for Premium Members.
- Five articles from Coach Joao Costa: Attacking the Full-Court Man-to-Man Press, 1-on-1 Defensive Drills, Trapping with a Trailer Defender, Last Second Situations, and Defending the Pick and Roll.
- From Point Guard College: Seven Things Every Point Guard Should Know (Dena Evans) and There's Only One Way to Win: Coach DV's Four Rules of Basketball (Dick DeVenzio).
- Added the T-Game Triple-Post Offense... an inside power game for teams with good post players (vs both M2M or zones).
- Added the Point-Zone Defense... pressure the ball, protect the paint, confuse the offense.
- Added "Reducing Turnovers"... article... getting a handle on turnovers.
- Added the 2-3 Man Offense... both a 2-3 "Low" and a 2-3 "High" offense.
- Wisconsin Swing Offense... introduction to legendary Coach Bo Ryan's offense.
- Michigan State's Sets/Plays ...27 m2m, zone, baseline and sideline OB plays.
- Stanford Motion-Zone Offense ...attacking the 2-3 zone with Tara VanDerveer.
- The Princeton Offense ... simplifying, taking the mystery out of this offense.
- "Why Games Are Lost"... seven major reasons why games are lost.
- "Attacking Junk Defenses" added to the Premium Members section, the CD and downloads... attacking the triangle-and-2, box-and-1, and others.
- Dribble-Drive Motion Offense Drills... 21 breakdown drills for teaching the DDM offense.
- "Dribble-Drive Motion Offense"... features guard penetration and kick-out passes.
- UCLA High-Post offense for Premium Members, the Deluxe CD, and downloads.
- "Attacking the 1-3-1 Zone Defense"... completely revised article and animation.
- "The Pack Line Defense"... sagging man-to-man, designed to protect the paint.
- The "Amoeba Defense" and animation... a gambling, disruptive zone defense.
- Building a Basketball Program. Building a program for your school and community.
- Basketball Coaching Philosophy. Develop your own basketball coaching philosophy.
Save over $50! Get Coach's Clipboard Premium Membership, the Coach's Clipboard Deluxe CD, Players CD, and Advanced Ball-Handling DVD!