This basketball coaching website is a long-standing (2001) trusted resource that provides basketball information to help youth and high school basketball coaches and players worldwide to become better coaches and players... a basketball coach's encyclopedia.
"Coach's Clipboard is the oldest and most informational basketball website in the world. I use it daily." - Ganon Baker
More Customer Reviews/Testimonials
"I have really enjoyed your web site!! As a fomer NBA coach I wanted to compliment you have done a great job." - Eric P Musselman
"James, great site for all levels... a real service to all levels of basketball coaching." - Bob Kloppenberg, former NBA coach and defensive guru
Today's Tips!2-3 Zone Defense
Ball-Handling Fundamentals and Drills
"First master the fundamentals." - Larry Bird
- Defending ball-screens (pick and roll) - "Under", "Over", "Jump-Switch", "Ice", attack the ball techniques.
- Ganon Baker's Pivot and Pass Footwork Drills - (video).
- 3 new basketball DVDs from Geno Auriemma added to the Coach's Clipboard Basketball DVD Store... featuring UConn's offense, defense, and skill development drills.
- 1-4 Offense Play "Illini" - a Lou Henson play for the 1-4 set offense.
- 5-on-3 Transition Defense Drill - from Greg McDermott (Creighton).
- "Zip-Loop-Hammer" - another play to use with your 1-4 set.
- Bob Huggins' Shooting Drills (video) - from West Virginia University Coach Bob Huggins.
- Best Educational Programs for Young Athletes - from Sarah Daren
- Double Stack Offense/Plays - several m2m, zone and OB plays.
- Bo Ryan's Swing Offense Plays - Bo Ryan's plays for the swing offense.
- Bob Huggins 4-on-4 plus 1 Defensive Drill - teach defenders how to rotate quickly when at a numbers disadvantage.
- Sherri Coale's Shooting Drills - 8 drills from Oklahoma Head Coach Sherri Coale.
- Pick and Roll Drills - a set of drills from TCU Coach Jamie Dixon.
- Updated! Defensive Close-Outs and Drills.
- Are We Teaching Closeouts The Best Way - by "The Speed Guy" Lee Taft.
- Horns Play "Suns" - another Horns play from the Phoenix Suns.
- Sideline OB Play "Celtics" - the Celtics used to run this sideline play.
- Defensive Lane Slide Drills - essential footwork skills/drills for playing great defense.
- Notes on the Read and React Zone Offense - modifying the R&R offense for zones.
- Muffet McGraw's Princeton Shooting Drills... videos of Coach McGraw's Princeton shooting drills.
- Tips for Better Passing - how to improve your team's passing.
- Tom Izzo's Shooting Drills (video)... videos of some of Coach Izzo's favorite shooting drills.
- Shot Selection - the importance of getting good shots.
- Triangle Offense
- Key Elements/Principles in Attacking the 2-3 Zone Defense
- Man-to-Man Pressure Defense
- Packline Defense
- Motion Offense Principles
- 4-Out, 1-In Motion Offense
- Read and React Offense Notes
- Flex Offense
- Dribble Drive Motion Offense
- 2-3 Zone Offense Plays
- Horns Offense
- Duke Transition and Early Motion Offense Options
- Princeton Offense
- "80", "60" and "40" Press Breaks
- Coaching Basketball - Guidelines, Topics, etc
- Your Coaching Philosophy
- Building a Basketball Program
- Planning Practices
- Selecting Basketball Drills
- Half-Court Offenses
- Half-Court Defenses
- Press Defenses
- Transition - Press Offense, Secondarys
- Basketball Plays
- Game Strategy
- Coaching Youth Basketball
- Mental Aspects / Intangibles
- Teaching Fundamentals
- Guard 1-on-1 Moves, Perimeter Play
- Playing the Point Guard Position
- Post-Player Moves & Fundamentals
- Footwork Fundamentals
- Dribbling and Dribble-Moves
- Passing Fundamentals
- Learning How to Shoot
- Man-to-Man Defensive Techniques