Basketball Player Development Series with Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook... lots of great basketball stuff. Come on - join us!
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
Tim Springer Guard Workouts
2 step FinishesDiagram A. Left and right hand on left, middle and right of rim. A coach contests or gives contact.
Ladder to ScoreDiagram B. Player runs through a ladder to catch into rip series.
Self Pass Turn Around Jump ShotsDiagram C. Player starts at basket and self passes to various spots for turnaround jump shot. Make 20 in 2 minutes.
Triple Threat Help AttacksDiagram D. Coach passes to player in triple threat position. Player quickly reads coach's foot and attacks then makes move on cone (help defense). Progression: 1 dribble jump shot
Change of Directions Attacks with DefenseDiagram E. Player attacks coach with change of direction move and scores. Takes ball out of net and performs change of directions through cones. Coach gives resistance to player on move to simulate game contact.
Change of Direction Moves:
- In and Out
- Between the Legs
- Behind the Back
- Spin Move
Double Cone SeriesDiagram F. Triple threat attack from first cone. Change of direction to perimeter on second cone, dribble pivot and attack again.
Copyright © 2001 - 2019, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.