Basketball Player Development Series with Tim Springer - Post Player WorkoutFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills shared by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
Tim Springer Post Player Workout
4-Way Mikan DrillTraditional Mikan Drill with the addition of two layups at the front of the rim.
Block to Split Line ScoringFinishing Moves:
- Jump Hook
- Up & Under
- Up & Under into 2nd Pivot
- Sell middle spin back to baseline
Make 30 of each on both sides of the rim.
High Post FlashPlayer flashes to the high post and catches into a turn and go.
- Power layup
- Pull up jump shot off the glass
- Spin move counter
Make 20 on each side of the court.