Defensive Rotations into Transition Basketball Drills by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook
Tim Springer is an elite basketball trainer/coach in the San Antonio area (see bio below). Coach Springer presents these excellent defensive rotation into transition basketball drills.
Diagram A. Player passes to a coach at the point and closes out on the coach. Coach then passes to a coach or assistant in the corner and the player drops into helpside in the paint, getting as low as the ball. Next the corner coach drives and the player walls up and stops the dribble. The coach then throws ball down court for the player to chase down, retrieve the ball and score.
Diagram B. The drill is the same, except we add a second offensive player coming in from the right wing. Player 1 retrieves the ball and attacks 2-on-0 passing to O2 for a lay-up.
Diagram C. Again the drill is the same, but now we add a defender so that the drill ends with a 2-on-1 situation.
Below are more player development work-outs and drills shared by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development