Lebron James Scoring Workout by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook
Tim Springer is an elite basketball trainer/coach in the San Antonio area (see bio below). Coach Springer presents these scoring drills used by NBA great Lebron James.
Down Screen And PopDiagram A. Lebron sets the down-screen and then pops towards the 3 point line.
Moves that can made out of the catch:
- catch and shoot
- shot fake and finish at the rim
- jab to one dribble jump shot
One Dribble Step Back From Triple ThreatDiagram B. Lebron gets the ball at the top of the key. He attacks out of triple threat and makes a one dribble step back. Use different fakes out of triple threat to give misdirection before attacking.
Spin Move FinishDiagram C. Lebron attacks the middle with his left hand. He does a spin move and picks the ball up for a lay up after being cut off by the help defense.
Post Up From Cross ScreenDiagram D. Lebron will take a cross screen (#) to post up on the strong side. Once getting the ball, Lebron squares up to the basket and attacks the rim with a reverse lay up.
- square up and shoot
- square up, jab, and attack the middle
Down-Screen ScoringDiagram E. This time Lebron goes high over the down-screen and cuts towards the ball. On the catch he attacks off the dribble.
Moves to use:
- Rip and go layup
- catch and shoot
Below are more player development work-outs and drills shared by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development