Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill, by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook
Tim Springer is an elite basketball trainer/coach in the San Antonio area (see bio below). Coach Springer presents this offensive drill used by WNBA star Becky Hammon.
Floppy to Pick and RollThe video below is a great drill from a recent San Antonio basketball clinic with Spartan Basketball and Becky Hammon. The clinic was held on Mother's Day weekend at Castle Hills First Baptist School. This drill teaches a game situation that happens for Becky in games. She comes off floppy screens into a pick and roll. This is great for guards that are quick and can shoot.
Floppy screens happen when guards on the perimeter exchange sides of the courts through screens on the block from a post player. The guard that receives the ball then has the opportunity to either attack or take the pick and roll.
In this drill the guard takes the pick and roll and finishes with a floater very similar to how Becky Hammon does in games. Trainer Tim Springer teaches the progression of the drill while Becky explains the reads off the catch.
See this for more: Spartan Basketball hosts clinics, camps and private lessons year round in San Antonio. They work with all ages and levels of players.
Below are more player development work-outs and drills shared by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development