Home › Basketball Drills › Tim Springer Player Development Drills › Team 3-Point Shooting Drills by Tim Springer
Team 3-Point Shooting Drills by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
Coach Springer presents these 3-point shooting drills.
Team 3-Point Shooting Drills by Tim Springer
Line Jumps CompetitionDiagram A. Players take turns passing to the coach for receive a catch and shoot. The others players waiting are doing front to back line jumps on the 3 point line (where players jump back and forth over any line quickly to build foot speed).
Competition. First to a certain # wins.
Full Court 3'sDiagram B. Teams work to hit certain amounts of 3's before the other teams. Players shoot and follow their shot while their partners get to a spot. Every missed shot, the team must sprint to the other side of the court and start shooting.
Flash, Catch, And ShootDiagram C. Players start in the corner with a ball. They pass to the coach and flash to the wing. Players must move 2 feet off the line so they can play to everything on the catch.
Diagram D. Coach passes ball back to player. On the catch, player squares into the shot then explodes into a catch and shoot 3-point shot.
Variance: Players score with one dribble jump-shots and step-backs.
Skip Pass 3'sDiagram E. Gun passes to coach. Coach passes to 1 who uses over head pass to reverse the ball. 2 catches and shoots the 3. Coach alternates the wing he passes to and the drills in continuous.
Goal: Make 10 out of 12.
Progression: 1 dribble jump-shots to the baseline.
Kick Ahead to Trailer 3Diagram F. Player kicks the ball ahead in transition and fills into the top of the key. Gets the ball back and shoots the catch and shoot 3 pointer.
Drill: Kick ahead to coach and sprint to the top of the key for a catch and shoot 3.
Make 20 from each side of the court.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.