Tim Duncan Scoring Series by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Post Player Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
New! Check out Coach Springer's Ball Handling Blueprint.
Coach Springer presents these scoring drills used by Tim Duncan - NBA All-Star.
Tim Duncan Scoring Series
Tim Duncan Scoring Series
Pick and PopDiagram A. Duncan and teammate Tony Parker have mastered the pick and roll. In this scoring sequence Tim picks and pops for a catch and shoot jump shot.
Drill: Screen the ball handler and pop for 15 catch and shoot makes. Do to both sides of the floor.
Pick and Roll High PostDiagram B. Duncan will sometimes set a screen at the high post and dive to the opposite block for a pass and layup.
Drill: Screen the coach and dive for a layup off the catch. Make 20 to each side of the rim.
Flare Screen to Catch and ShootDiagram C. Coming from the weak side, Duncan will set a flare screen for a guard and then flash to the middle for a catch and shoot.
Drill: Screen the cone and flash to the middle for a jump shot. Make 20 on each side of the court.
Middle Pick and RollDiagram D. Because of teammate Tony Parker's speed, Parker will often draw both his defender and Duncan's defender on the pick and roll. Duncan will then relocate to the high post for a catch and shoot.
Drill: Screen for coach and relocate to the high post for a catch and shoot. Make 20 going in both directions.
Back Screen to Post UpDiagram E. To clear the side, Duncan will set a back-screen to send the same side guard through. He will then post up and maxmize the space. Duncan uses various post moves when he gets the ball.
Moves: Sweep baseline for layup, back down to middle and spin baseline (layup or shot), back down to baby hook in the middle, 1 dribble step back jumpshot.
Drill: Make 15 of each move after setting the back screen and posting up.
Follow the DriveDiagram F. Duncan is good at reading the lanes that open up from the guards driving to the basket. He will dive in the lanes and receive a pass when the defense has collapsed on the guard.
Drill: Follow the coach on the drive to the dump pass and score 20 times.
Fake the Back Screen into Catch and ShootDiagram G. Duncan will fake the same back-screen he uses to post up. At the same time, a guard will down-screen for him. Duncan will then flash to the elbow for a catch and shoot.
Drill: Fake the back screen and flash to the elbow for a catch and shoot.
Copyright © 2001 - 2017, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.