Basketball Player Development Series with Tim Springer - Shooting Guard WorkoutFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Post Player Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
New! Check out Coach Springer's Ball Handling Blueprint.
Shooting Guard Workout For High School Players
This workout features drills that will help develop your shooting guard O2.
Turn The Corner AttacksDiagram A. Player sprints up the helpline and curls around the chair (#). As the player curls the coach passes the ball. The player must turn the corner sharp and attack the basket.
Diagram B. After scoring the player repeats the process with the other chair.
Diagram C. Progression: Player sprints up the help line and makes a L-cut to the wing. After catching the ball the player attacks the middle for a layup. The drill is done on both sides of the basket.
Guard To Post InteractionDiagram D. Guard attacks either middle or baseline. Post player rotates and shoots the guard's pass. The guard sprints to the top of the key after passing.
Diagram E. Post player passes to the guard and runs into a pick and roll. The guard pulls up at the elbow and shoots a jump shot.
Defensive Rotations to Attack CloseoutDiagram F. Guard starts on the help line. Coach skips the ball across and the guard closes out.
Diagram G. Guard drops back to the help line when the ball is passed back. The amount of times this happens can be varied by the coaches.
Diagram H. At some point with the guard on the help line, Coach says "score". The guard will then flash to the top of the key. At the same time X3 closes out to the top of the key. The guard rips past X3 for a floater in the paint.
Down Screen ShootingDiagram I. Player goes to the short corner to set up the down screen. Once there, the player sprints to take the ball off the chair (#) and curls into a jumpshot. Make 20 on both sides of the court.
High Post Hand OffsDiagram J. Player passes to high post and cuts to pass. Coming off the hand off, player either shoots, drives, or takes another dribble to separate for a shot.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.