Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout by Tim SpringerFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Post Player Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
New! Check out Coach Springer's Ball Handling Blueprint.
Coach Springer presents these scoring drills used by Kyrie Irving - NBA All-Star and 2012 Rookie of the Year, and 2014 NBA All-Star game MVP.
Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Spin Move Into JumpshotDiagram 1. Irving attacks baseline but is cut off. He then spins back to the middle and shoots the jump shot.
Drill: Make 20 on each side of the court.
Baseline Screen Into ShotDiagram 2. Irving passes to the wing and runs through multiple screens (#) on the baseline. Diagram 3. He then recieves a pass for a catch and shoot at the wing after coming off the screens.
Drill: Make 20 to each side.
Attack The HedgeDiagram 4. Kyrie runs into the high pick and roll (#) and attacks the hedge (cone). He then seperates with a cross back into a jumpshot.
Drill: Make 15 going in each direction off the pick and roll.
Iso Tunnel AttackDiagram 5. Irving gets an isolation in the tunnel and hits the defender (cone) with a in-and-out crossover. He then scoops the ball off the glass.
Drill: Make 20 going in each direction.
Fake The Handoff 3Diagram 6. Irving feeds the post near the elbow. He then fakes a handoff from a cut and steps behind the 3 point line. The post player pitches back for a catch and shoot 3.
Drill: Make 20 on each side. Use a chair to take the ball from if you don't have a coach to pass to.
Copyright © 2001 - 2016, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.