Basketball Player Development Series with Tim Springer - College Point-Guard WorkoutFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook, @ http://www.coachesclipboard.net
This page presents a number of excellent individual player development work-outs and drills generously provided by basketball coach and trainer Tim Springer of San Antonio, TX. Included are many of the training drills used by several top NBA players.
- Guard Workouts
- Spartan Guard Skills Workout
- Shooting Guard Workout
- Forward Scoring Workout
- Post Player Workout
- Spartan Skills Drills
- Spartan Gun Shooting Drills
- Team 3-Point Shooting Drills
- 15 Point Per Game Workout
- College Point-Guard Workout
- Performance Training Drills
- Defensive Rotations into Transition Drills
- Lebron James Scoring Workout
- Tony Parker Scoring Series
- Kevin Durant Scoring Workout
- Derrick Rose Scoring Workout
- Tim Duncan Scoring Series
- Manu Ginobili Scoring Series
- George Hill Scoring Series
- Becky Hammon Floppy to Pick and Roll Drill
- Kyrie Irving Scoring Workout
Coach Tim Springer is the founder of Spartan Basketball in the San Antonio area. Coach Springer has trained over 500 players and coaches in the San Antonio Basketball Community.
His program features:
- Premier Basketball Camps (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- High Intensity Skills Clinics
- Private Lessons for Basketball Players of All Ages (San Antonio and surrounding areas)
- Training for Club and School Season Tryouts
- San Antonio Coaches Clinics
- Clinics at the AT & T Center - same court as the San Antonio Spurs and San Antonio Silver Stars play on!
- Spartan Character Classes - teaching goal setting, planning workouts, and overall character development
New! Check out Coach Springer's Ball Handling Blueprint.
College Point-Guard Workout
2 Ball Passing With SlidesDiagram A. Coach and player slide to half court and back passing 2 balls.
Full Court Tennis Ball Catch and ShootDiagram B. While dribbling down the court, the player pass and catches the tennis ball from the coach. This can also be done using a retreat dribble.
2 Step Floater SeriesDiagram C. Player catches and goes into 2 steps and shoots floater from all angles. Make 20 with last 5 in a row.
Angles: Down the middle, Down the lane line, From the wing off the glass, Baseline
**Taking away the dribble allows the player to focus on footwork and release.
Pass and Cut-Catch & Shoot-One Dribble Jump ShotDiagram D. 1 makes a move on the cone and makes a air pass off the dribble to the coach. After passing they cut to the opposite corner.
Diagram E. Coach then gives 1 a skip pass for a catch and shoot. After the shot 1 flashes to the top for a one dribble jump shot.
Pick and Roll Scoring SeriesDiagram F. Player uses chair into high pick and roll series.
Shots: vs soft hedge, vs hard hedge, split screen, vs ice, shoot behind the screen, reject screen, elbow bounce out, put in jail, attack the switch.
Triple Threat Help AttacksDiagram G. Coach passes to player. Player quickly reads coach's foot and attacks then makes move on cone (help defense).
Progression: 1 dribble jump shot.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015, James A. Gels, all rights reserved.