4 Technology Resources That Athletes Can Utilize for Better Performance - by Sarah DarenFrom the Coach’s Clipboard Basketball Playbook
Sarah Daren is a featured writer on the Today Show website and has been a consultant for organizations across a number of industries including athletics, health and wellness, technology and education. When she's not caring for her children or watching the New York Yankees play, Sarah enjoys practicing yoga and reading a good book on the beach.
Coaches and athletes, however, are using innovative technologies to tweak and improve their performance in incredible ways that are relatively unknown to casual fans. Today's sports professionals use a combination of traditional training and the latest technological advancements. Around the world, remarkable inventions such as video analytics and 3-D motion capture systems are helping athletes and coaches find previously hidden opportunities for improvement.
Sports technology engineers create amazing training resources using empirical evidence. These exceptionally talented hardware and software specialists develop technologies that fulfill the needs of contemporary coaches and athletes. It takes the collaborative effort of professionals from many fields to make these innovative technologies a reality. A vastly talented array of experts, such as biomechanists, sports scientists and computer science engineers, conjoin to engineer technologies that help athletes improve their performance. The following sections showcase 4 of the latest technological resources that engineers have developed for improving athletic performance.
Resource 1: Enhanced Performance and Training Technology
Sports professionals are finding that a regular routine of pushing one's physical abilities to the limit is not the most effective way of improving athletic performance. Research has shown that there are more effective and productive ways for athletes to enhance their abilities. Now, sports facilities around the world feature cutting edge technologies as well as innovative, unique training methods.
Today, sports professionals can easily monitor and analyze important vital statistics such as their heart rate, calorie intake and other critical performance variables. High-tech equipment and innovations help today's athletes succeed and excel. Innovative technologies provide immediate access to information that helps coaches and athletes better understand player's health and well-being. This information helps athletes achieve optimal conditioning and develop a better and deeper understanding of how to maximize their performance and strengths.
Resource 2: Social Media
Social media is helping athletes get into college and find more opportunities. A recent survey reveals that 72-percent of advancing high school seniors use social media platforms to research potential colleges and universities and that 20-perecent of athletes use online platforms for sports related career networking. Additionally, scouts have shifted from the old paradigm of using experience, gut feelings and instincts to recruit talent. They can now use social media and other online resources to research detailed and verified information about athletes. These technologies allow scouts to discover potential stars who may have previously gone unnoticed.
Resource 3: Innovative Online Apps and Information Sources
Today's athletes use a combination of trainers, coaches, private lessons and sports tech to enhance their abilities. Additionally, new technologies offer a plethora of options for reaching out for this vital support. To improve their skills, performance, nutrition habits and techniques, many of today's athletes use advanced technologies such as video projection and swing analysis. These kinds of technologies help professional and amateur athletes turn their weaknesses into strengths.
Resource 4: Blended Learning and Education
Technology gives athletes pioneering ways to learn and train. They can now choose from a multitude of ways to improve their performance. Internet connectivity allows athletes to learn at any time and from anywhere in the world. In addition to traditional methods, they can now take advantage of online courses and videos and leverage innovations such as artificial intelligence, virtual-reality and gamified training to learn faster. In fact, today's AI sports training technologies are nearly sophisticated enough to match human experts.
High-performing and dedicated athletes need more than natural talent. Technology is now an integral component for enhancing athletic performance. Coaches praise the benefits of today's sports technologies. Many believe that the information gathered by modern, state-of-the-art sports innovations greatly complement traditional training. Coaches and athletes who stay informed about, and take advantage of, the latest training resources and work hard will achieve exceptional results. With ingenuity, technology and hard work, coaches and athletes will continue to produce amazing results in the field.
Articles by Sarah Daren
- Costs of School Athletics Is Increasing: 4 Things You Must Know
- Coaching 101: 4 Ways to Promote Leadership
- 3 Insights on the Declining Number of Athletic Officials
- 5 Reasons Why Coaches Make Great Teachers
- Avoiding Drug Abuse in Adolescence Through Athletics
- Maintaining Student-Athlete Stress Levels
- 4 Tips for Athletes Looking to Transfer Schools
- Top Sports Trends of 2018
- Importance of Athletic Scholarships
- Should You Go Back to School for Your Coaching Degree?
- 4 Benefits of Coaching Into Old Age
- The Pros and Cons of Athletes using Social Media
- The Importance of Good Health and Nutrition for Athletes
- 4 Ways to Inspire Kids to Exercise
- 4 Technology Resources That Athletes Can Utilize for Better Performance
- 5 Benefits of Coaching Youth Athletics
- 5 Ways Youth Sports can Boost Mental Health
- 5 Benefits of Playing Sports Abroad
- 6 Benefits of Playing Sports in School
- Emotional Intelligence Can Help Athletes in Sports
- How Sports and Exercise Impact Your Health and Well-being
- Sports and Exercise Tips for Students
- Best Educational Programs for Young Athletes
- Can Alternative Health Improve Athletic Performance?
- 5 Tools For Coaches Who Want Their Athletes To Do Better In Class
- How to Talk to Your Athletes About Pain Management
- What Student-Athletes Need to Know About Vaping
- Bionic Technology in Sports: Changing the Game for Sports Injuries
- How Coaches Keep Students Engaged During Online Schooling
- Do You Need an Advanced Degree to Pursue a Career in Exercise Science?